Sunday, May 24, 2015

HelmetNation Blogging Rebooted

It's a Start 

  Hello Everyone, 
                So I haven’t been very good at keeping up with this blog. One of my New Year’s resolutions was to be better about that. That being said…May is as good a time as any to start keeping a resolution from January. I want to give you an idea of what will be coming up in this space and what you will be able to expect. This is something that I am going to try and be better about, keeping this to at least one new post per week. Sometimes there will be more, if I have something to say, but I will make sure that we have new content each and every week.  



                I am a football fan, first and foremost. That is the reason that I started this company and one of the things that takes up the most time in my life. Second only to my family, my love of football can be said to define me. I played, I coach, I watch, I study. I am in the camp which believes that football is a microcosm of life itself. We strive to move forward, sometimes things don’t go our way, and sometimes they do. Through it all, if everything goes according to plan, the game (and life) becomes a thing of beauty. That might be overly simplified, but it helps me. Football gets into your soul and can affect every aspect of your life. That is not to say that it needs to take over. There are life lessons which may be gleaned to help in the other facets of your life, but it doesn't need to be everything. And to be completely honest, I should more categorize myself as a sports fan. From the time I was a little kid, if it was a sport I wanted something to do with it. I have played most of the main world sports at some level of competition or another. That includes hockey, baseball, rugby, soccer, lacrosse, cricket, rowing, etc. I will watch almost anything that is on and I can see the skill and effort impacting the athletes.  

We will spend time talking about random musings, things going on in the world that are sports related...or not. This may work itself into something else as we go. It's going to be an adventure, at the very least. Fair warning, I'm going to ramble a bit. I'm new to the whole writing thing, so I will be working on that skill as we go. The important things are that I get across my love of sports and that you are mildly entertained.  If we can accomplish that, then I am going to consider this a win.

Because this is set up for a business, we will also talk about what is going on in the world of Helmet Nation.  We will go over big happenings on the site and maybe share some recent successes that we, as a company, have had.  We will also be featuring new products and hopefully showing you an interesting way to reward and celebrate your family, your business or to show your devotion to your team.



I look forward to starting this journey with all of you and seeing this grow into something that is easier for me to do on a regular basis. - HN


No comments:

Post a Comment