Thursday, October 15, 2009

Two roads diverged in a wood,

And I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.

I am just not ready to sell my soul to the devil that is ESPN/NCAA/Bowl committees and just eat up the crap they put out. I have barely been able to watch ESPN this week being busy running a business and yet every time it has been on, I have seen some segment on Charlie Weis and Notre Dame.

It makes me sick. Notre Dame has been lucky thus far this season. Lucky that Purdue’s Coach Hope makes a boneheaded time out call late in the game that gave ND extra downs. Lucky, that Washington with Jake Locker can’t figure out how to give him just 1 play in 8 attempts that would allow him to use his talent to score a TD. But it seems to be by pure design that the Bowls and ESPN love Notre Dame even when they don’t deserve it. Well, this weekend we find out what they deserve. USC hasn’t looked great either. But these are the kinds of games Pete Carroll has his troops up for and as much attention as ND has gotten this week, I am sure he has used that as major motivation for the Trojans. I hope USC trounces ND this weekend. Hopefully, ND will continue to lose games. The last thing we need is an overrated, unworthy Irish team in the BCS; as if the BCS wasn’t crap in the first place. Officially, I am going to call this a win for the Trojans. 24-14.

Finally, a weekend with good matchups
The weekend started with a good Top 25 matchup that saw #10 Cincinnati prove how good they are with a convincing 34-17 victory @ #13 South Florida.


#2 Alabama has rolled everyone so far. With #22 South Carolina sitting their star freshman back don’t look for that roll to stop here. Roll Tide 38 – 12.


The Red River Rivalry! An early morning Saturday game that I will be up for! #17 Oklahoma has looked out of sorts a bit this year but Colt McCoy and the #3 Longhorns haven’t rolled as easily as I think they should have. This game will be another shootout and I think the prevailing thought is that Texas will win. I see a fired up Sooner club that will surprise UT led by the return of Sam Bradford at QB. A loss hurts either team severely, but I think UT has more to lose. Oklahoma 35-31.

#6 Virginia Tech faces a real challenge trying to stop #21 Georgia Tech’s option offense. The YellowJackets have run for huge yards in recent weeks. Of course, Virginia Tech’s Defense has won them games earlier in the year. These two teams strengths will run smack into each other Saturday and I see a tough game. I think both teams have a legit shot to win but I am going to call this one for VT. 17-14.

You can count on it

LSU will beat Auburn and show again why Auburn never should have been in the Top 25.


Nebraska’s Heisman hopeful Ndamukong Suh will introduce himself to Texas Tech QB Steve “Sticks” Sheffield and perhaps break that twig in half.

The Hawkeyes will finally lose at Wisconsin and the Big 10 mediocrity will continue.

Tim Tebow will be named Mayor of Gainesville and then lead the Gators in a blowout of Arkansas as his first official act in office.

Charlie Weis will show up to the post-game press conference with a slim-fast, a donut and a whole lot of regrets.

ESPN will still hype the loser of the USC/ND game as a BCS quality team.

Games under the radar

#25 Missouri @ #14 Oklahoma State


California @ UCLA

Stanford @ Arizona

Texas Tech @ #8 Nebraska

Overall, it should be a competitive weekend so enjoy your football!

No comments:

Post a Comment