Saturday, March 28, 2009

HelmetNation going International?

When I took over HelmetNation, I just naturally figured that my business would be entirely in the United States. I have come to learn that simply isn't true. Of course, it was easy to understand that I would get some business from our neighbors to the North and over the past year and a half I have received quite a bit of business from Canada. With the CFL and intercollegiate system playing Canadian style football, it is no surprise that the football helmet would develop some status there as well. Usually, my orders are for CFL helmets that we carry from Riddell. However, I recently made a helmet of a high school that has since been closed for one of its football playing alumni. It was actually commissioned by his girlfriend as a present. Here you can see the Robert Usher Unicorns helmet.



Well, Canada is not the only source of International business for HelmetNation. I did helmets for a team in Switzerland that plays American style football called the Saints. Here is their helmet:



In addition, we recently did an order for a German team that plays American football called the Pforzheim Wilddogs who's helmet you can see here:



At first I was a bit worried about getting international orders because there are some issues that go along with shipping that far away. However, it has been my pleasure to be able to do these orders and I hope our presence continues to grow internationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment